Lucky 13 Cocktail Co. served vintage style libations at our warehouse warming party and deserve major props for a number of reasons.
1) Marcello, owner, presents himself in the utmost professional manner right from the get-go as he sets up and readies himself for the party. He has fun doing what he knows as a certified mixologist. It’s a treat watching him mix together his custom creations. It’s a treat watching him mix together his custom creations. Marcello is a self proclaimed educator, entertainer and creator. We’d also like to add winner. He has won national titles such as Esquire Magazine’s 2011 Master of the Manhattan as well as the Google Fan Favorite of the Official Drink of Austin. And don’t forget Marcello’s other half, Athena, who has a colorful and unique skill set as well to help make this a winning team. Visit their website here to learn more.
2) The company’s motto is “handcrafted cocktails for handcrafted events.” What better way to approach the Austin philosophy? Lucky 13 takes great pride in their creations making sure to source natural ingredients locally. And oh man, you should visit the site to see more of their cocktail offerings. Take for instance this beauty: Jasmine Fig Dacquiri. You heard me! This little slice of delicacy heaven includes enticing organic liquors, lime, fig puree, spiced fig foam, and a grilled lime wheel affixed to the rim. Wow.
2) What was one of your most memorable meals and why? My first Duck a l’Orange in culinary school because it was a slam dunk. My mom’s Chicken & Dumplings it warms the soul and belly. Duck Egg Crème Brûlée, Salted Butterscotch Pots de Crème just because it’s simply delicious!!!
3) Share the most memorable Halloween costume from your past. Her: Wonder Woman at age 6; Him: The time he dressed up as a werewolf and everyone thought he was a bum.
4) Beach Boys or Beatles? Her: Queen. Still hearing Freddy Mercury gives her chills. Him: Gangster rap is his vintage – he’s such a babe.
6) What animal best describes you and why? Teddy Bear – fierce but lovable
7) What is your favorite board game? Anything our son pulls off the game shelf. If we aren’t excited, his attention span is gone.
8) Do you prefer a savory or a sweet breakfast? Doesn’t matter as long as it’s after 7am and includes a bloody mary. Although, He has a peculiar obsession with baked goods.
9) What name would you like Loot to use for one of its new signature pieces? Anything with “Lucky” in the name, because anyone would be lucky to use your fantastic pieces and it will remind you of us…
Thank you, Lucky 13 Cocktail Co.! Looking forward to more events with you!
Rhoda and Anna